Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Monday, December 12, 2011

the last three days

           It was a great weekend. I worked for Grant Friday morning baking 16 batches of sugar cookies, 6 batches of mint brownie cookies, 6 batches of shortbread cookies and did more chocolate dipped pretzels.  So much baking! Good thing I don't eat white flour our I'd be HUGE working for him. After that I went to Park City to babysit. The family had a boy and girl but the girl had 3 of her ice skating friends over for the evening.  Their dad built a little ice rink in their back yard. I happened to have my skates in the car so the kids begged me to skate with them. I got on and spun them around. They loved it and seeing their faces was priceless. I thank God for letting me stay healthy and skate all these years so I can play with kids like this. The girls talked all night about skating and it made me think of all the sleepovers, camps, competitions, clinics, movies, practice sessions, seminars and classes that I have experienced with my best friends Angie, Caitlin, Kylee and Tiffany.  Some of us have known each other since we were 5 years old and have experienced so much together. The girls I babysit have no clue where there life is headed the next 11 years.  Skating is incredible and has taught me more about life than anyone or anything could have. Determination, persistance, dedication, passion, and love are just some of the qualities I have learned from the sport. Thank you to my parents for always supporting me through my journey as a figure skater.  After skating outside with the kids we went in to make Ginger Bread houses.  Their dog had thrown up twice so I had to clean it up. Yuck. Those of you who know me know that I do not like dogs/animals for that matter. I don't mind throw-up so I just took care of it.
        After babysitting I went to Yogurt Stop to meet up with Steph, Miranda, Katie Tominoga, and Anna Cassell.  It was so so good to see Steph and Miranda. I gave them big hugs! Allie Thorpe was also there with her ring. So insane that she's getting married. Grant was there too and they've set a date for their wedding in June. Us five girls went to see New Years Eve. It was an awesome movie. We all liked it a lot. I always snort when I laugh so I had to plug my nose during the movie to be sure not to upset anyone.  I want to start a list like they did in the movie.
      Saturday I went to the ice rink for a little bit and then went to get my car washed. It was super dirty and Tyler Gee was so nice and said he'd wash it for free. So nice of him!  It's now clean.  Saturday night I babysat for a different family in Park City. Their kids are so cute and they went to bed really early. 
      Sunday I baked a lot with my momma.  We made caramels, fudge, cookies, and truffles. Hopefully everything tastes great. I ate way too many sweets yesterday and had to take a break today. I also babysat yesterday for a little while watching a 4 month old boy. We took a little nap which was nice.  I baked once I got home until 1am just listening to some good old Keith Urban.
       Today I worked for Grant for a few hours putting together pretzel boxes. I then went and babysat the 4 month old again. Tonight mom and I went shopping and I got more cute clothes at Old Navy. It's great because I got lots of sweatshirts and coats.     
Tonight.....I cut 10 inches off my hair.  It was the first hair cut/trim since July 15, 2010 when I cut off 12 inches.  I donated it to Locks of Love.  There are so many people in my life who have lately been affected by cancer and this is the least I can do. Cindy Wallace, Richard Tamburrino, Julie Overholt, Jolyn Hansen, and more.  It seems like more and more each day I hear of cancer patients and my life is so good. I don't have any major problems and I thank the Lord for that. This is my way of hopefully being able to brighten someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment