Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I miss.....


Maybe I should start posting on here more often since I don't always get around to writing in my journal and I'm so much faster at typing even though no one knows about this blog.  
Anyways....
   I am home and have been for 2 weeks now. It's still pretty unreal. I go to the ice rink, the post office, Smiths or anywhere else and it's weird because it seems like just yesterday this was my normal routine when really this hasn't been my routine for 3 months now.
   Basically I
     MISS
       SCHOOL
            A LOT
I knew I didn't really want to leave. I mean I wanted to see my family and some of my friends but I really truly have never felt more like I belonged at a place than I do at school. The people make me feel great. Everyone there is committed to improving themselves and the world and I truly feel that.  Even though people smoke and drink and party they manage to get their schoolwork done and community service, or at least donate blood, or money to charity, or sign a petition.  I have no doubt in my mind that future presidents of companies, lawyers, doctors, roller coaster engineers, leading psychologists, professors, data analysts, ministers, quantum physicists, celebrity wedding planners, and world savers are at my school.  My classmates are incredible. I love that each one of us come from such a different background and the one thing we all have in common is the fact we're at the same school.  From there it is easy to learn all the commonalities we have.  I miss the days of 10 of us sitting around listening to Garret play country songs on his guitar and all of us singing.  I miss Billy picking me up for no reason and carrying me down the hall on his back while I laugh.  I miss late night study sessions with Landan until we fall asleep.  I miss playing lacrosse with Ali and Susie. I miss baking with Allison. I miss Scotie picking on me. I miss cutting Jordan's hair in the bathroom after going to the gym. I miss riding bikes with Annie to South HS to tutor. I miss building a crane with Ali and Irene. I miss sharing cds with Dylan. I miss editing Conor's essays. I miss face massages with Claire. I miss seeing Hannah E. and giving her a big hug. I miss making smoothies with Wes. I miss telling a bedtime story to Nick Y. I miss going on runs with James. I miss late night talks with Cody about life goals and dreams. I miss Brittney's crazy great drama. I miss younglife Hannah B. I miss hiking with Annie. I miss Target runs with Austin. I miss eating mangos with Ryan. I miss 7-11 hot chocolate runs with Lizzie. I miss Ab Blast with Alex C. I miss brushing my teeth with Jill.  I miss Gage's big hugs. I miss Tatered Cover with Mia. I miss Safeway runs with Richard. I miss talks with Abhi in the hallway. I miss Keiryn's smiling face. I miss Megan N. randomly visiting our room. I miss ice skating with Mallory. I miss Schutte's Mumford and Sons music. I miss Jessie's sweet voice. I miss Darla getting into football. I miss being up at pi am with Jolysa. I miss Trey coming back after a late night, having a smile on his face and talking to me. I miss seeing Mike before early morning class look 3/4 asleep. I miss Megan M's drawings. I miss Kristen saying "good morning." I miss eating ice cream with Becky. I miss talking about baseball with Nick T. I miss going through rush with Alex J. I miss Zach and his smile. I miss doing dishes with Emily Y. I miss seeing Max freak out about his owl being missing. I miss seeing Chris B. asleep on the couches. I miss saying hi to my neighbor with the same name, Aaron, and eating Baskin Robins. I miss hearing "Honeybee" and rushing to tell Chris S. that I just heard it. I miss Sophia's gorgeous smile. I miss always seeing Jenny with food from restaurants. I miss Constantine coming in to talk or say hi. I miss retreat with Chelsea. I miss going to the La Quinta with Collin. I miss spending 24/7 with Paul fighting like brother and sister. I miss Quinn always helping me with engineering. I miss hearing Clair's crazy stories from her nights and laughing with her. I miss surprising Anna in her room when she's always busy. I miss Matt I.'s positive attitude. I miss Alise jumping up and down the hall. I miss Thomas being studious and proactive. I miss Tahia's accent. I miss seeing Raine asleep at 8pm. I miss Alec watching sports. I miss Matt A. having peanut butter pretzels to share. I miss Connor being so patient with engineering homework. I miss Brendon driving around his robot. I miss cracking Casey's back. I miss making healthy sandwiches for Silas. I miss seeing Elizabeth and giving her cookies while she studies. I miss eating at the pub while writing a 17 page research paper with  Julia and Charlie. I miss skating pictures with Sam I miss listening to Trevor Hall with Tyler. I miss Benny’s Mexican dinner with Libby. I miss going to engineering club with Wyatt.  I miss Joi at retreat always being positive. I miss listening to Jared say something awkward. I miss celebrating as Matt A. became a black belt. I miss being a sorority sister with Blair. I miss Michaela blasting her music.  I miss seeing all of Taylor's beautiful scarves. I missing seeing Aihui in the library in the wee hours of the morning. I miss watching movies with Ciera cuddled under blankets. I miss listening to Mike play viola. I miss trips to Wendy’s and Nuva with Maddie.. I miss zumba with Taryn. I miss talks with Rylie on the ice. I miss pasta dinner with Alex M’s house. I miss sharing a bed with my incredible roommate, Rachel, who’s seen do yoga on our floor, bake cakes, read stories, cry over not wanting to leave, try on a million outfits and laughed until I cry. I miss everyone more than words can describe.  These people have all inspired me and made me a better person. We’re all so different and unique which creates for quite the mix of attitudes, interests and opinions.   The 11 weeks while I was at school were the best of my life. I hope the rest of college is like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment