Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Friday, August 24, 2012

Spirit vs. Soul

 I just got back from the Yellow Deli in Oneonta with Marina.  It was quite the experience that really got me thinking.  The Yellow Deli is a delicious restaurant ran by members of the Twelve Tribes Community.  After eating our delicious completely homemade meal I asked our waiter to explain what exactly the Twelve Tribes are.  He proceeded to tell me about their beliefs as a group of people that live and work together all loving one another and God.  He talked about how there is such a divide between doctrine and love now days.  Before there was doctrine there was just love, what has happened now?  THere's such a divide and it's unfortunate.  He was so happy to talk about "his people" and his beliefs.  He is so happy with where he is in his life and you can just tell that he loves life because of his love of God.  One comment that really struck me was when he discussed the difference between soul and spirit.  "Spirit is what we all want and want to have with God. Our soul is what we do without thinking out our spirit." I really liked what he said because I think that's true.  I've always lived my life thinking that the basis to understanding people is first understanding their spirituality.  Your spirit is everywhere. It's what connects you to something greater than yourself.  
    People listen to music these days that isn't healthy for our souls or spirits.  It's harmful and unhealthy. I'm now definitely going to be more conscious of my spirit and what I do to have a good spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment