Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Friday, August 17, 2012

Another Week

Week 12 has just begun at the Dreams Park. It's crazy to think how many times I've counted out team's uniforms, told people where the bathrooms are, done the YMCA in front of a couple thousand people, and how many baseballs I've given umpires to use in games.  It's become so routine now that I don't really notice anything else.  The routine is good though I guess.  My mom asked me if time passes quickly while working to which I replied "ya because I never really feel like I'm working". If I didn't live here it'd probably feel more like work but it really doesn't.  This past week was a good week.  There were some nice coaches and umpires that remembered me throughout the week and were nice.  It makes everything more fun when I get to know the kids and coaches.  I brought out a football yesterday during work (yep, football at a baseball tournament) and people just gravitated toward it.  There were a couple of teams that would mess with me and make funny comments.  I love being able to get to know them and some of the coaches.  One thing that's been hard here is how temporary everything is.  I'll meet coaches and talk with them some but then they're gone in a flash and I'll never see them again.  Some with some of the players.  Just when you start to get to know someone it's like they're completely gone and there's nothing I can do about it.  A couple of boys were back this week that had been here before this year and I knew them so it was great to see them.  TJ is 6'4'' tall and is from Florida and this is his third trip here this summer.  He's awesome.  And Aaron plays for Florida teams but lives in New Jersey and is a big kid too.  It's great to see some familiar faces.  There are a few returning players and coaches this week that are here too so that should be nice.
   We're getting to the end of the season which means a lot of interns have left.  Trevor and Kyle left today. Chelsea, Phil and CJ left last Friday and a lot of the interns from other departments left this last week.  Starting tomorrow I'll be the only one in my room.  That will be nice, weird but nice I think.  It's basically just me, Frankie and Logan here now and then they've hired some locals to work with us.
    Cheers to 2 more weeks of Livin the Dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment