Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Caught Up

It's easy sometimes to get caught up in meaningless things especially while at DU.  It's easy to get lost in the Lulu Lemon pants, Ugg boots, Land rovers, Ray-Ban sunglasses.  It's something that I've struggled with since coming to school.  I love shopping at Old Navy and Target, I wear $10 sunglasses and I don't have a car at school.  Sometimes I think that I need to do more in this world like travel more or go on humanitarian trips because so many of many friends here at school have done so many things like that.  All it takes to bring me back to my roots are texts from friends or phone calls that say "gosh I look at your life and I'm jealous." and "I want to be you when I grow up." That's when I realize just how blessed I really am.  
    This all became especially apparent when I finally got into the Valparsio, Chile study abroad program.  Because it's so customary for students (especially juniors) to study abroad from DU it's easy to get caught up in it and forget about how incredible this opportunity truly is.  I'm grateful I have this opportunity and after hearing from people saying how lucky I am and how wonderful my experience will I know I have been blessed.  I'm really excited, a little nervous, to start this adventure down south in July.  God continues to bless me each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment