Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Off to Italy

And just like that I find myself flying internationally again.  After less than a month at home I’m off to continue pursuing my goal of studying abroad for a year by studying with Gonzaga in Florence for 4 months.  Today, with a layover in Dallas I thought to myself how much I have seen and done since the first time I was in Dallas before I left for Santiago 5 months ago. 

And now to answer the numerous questions about my life………
1)   What are your majors and how are you able to study abroad so much?  I’m an international studies and psychology double major.  As dad thinks “international studies” allows to just study all over.  I have 3 minors too and therefore it’s pretty easy to take classes abroad that will count towards graduation.
2)   What classes are you taking in Italy?
Ancient Rome, Ethics, Italian 101, Faith in a World Come of Age, Cross Cultural Psychology. With classes Monday-Thursday. So yes I really do take classes while abroad and I’m looking forward to maybe something a little more challenging then in Chile.
3)   Why Florence/Italy?  Since elementary school I knew I wanted to study abroad for a year. Back then I knew I wanted Spanish speaking for 1 semester and then I thought I wanted to go to South Korea for the other.  Last year I looked into programs for this current semester and I knew people had great experiences with Gonzaga in Florence (GIF) so I decided to check into it. I have only been to Ireland in Europe so I’m excited to travel all over.
4)   Do you know anyone going?  I know 2 people who I met when I was looking at Gonzaga for undergrad.  Other than that there are about 140 Gonzaga University Students, a few from Marquette and a handful from Loyola Marymount…and then me!
5)   What are you most nervous for? I had such an INCREDIBLE time in Chile that I don’t want to lose those memories. I met amazing people there and it’ll be hard not to compare all those experiences with the new ones I’m about to have. Comparison is good, but I need to keep in mind that these are 2 different programs with different people and different adventures.

DU started today and it was a little weird not being there for the first day of school for the new quarters. I don’t think I was ready to go back though. So far this whole living abroad life, meeting new people and traveling has suited me just fine!


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on number 5! I had the time of my life in Florence, Italy and I'm nervous but also excited to see what Vina del Mar, Chile has to offer me.

    ReplyDelete