Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Relax, Listen, and Laugh

"Everyone laughs in the same language." It has no boundaries. I've learned a smile really can light up a room and sometimes when nothing else seems to make sense laughter does.  I laugh at the guys and all their immature jokes. I laugh that my sister puts mayonnaise on her rice and corn. Laugh that I have been so lost in a conversation that there's no turning back but no sense in moving forward with it.  I laugh when papa dances to Gangham style in the car. I laugh especially hard while on the phone with mama when I can't follow what she's trying to tell me.  I laugh that we sang Shania Twain at lunch as a family. Laugh when people immediately follow the question "where are you from?" with "Are you mormon?" People have started to figure out that I snort when I laugh and that just seems to bring out more laughter.
    I smile at the beautiful people. Their joy for life. They take time to eat their meals and enjoy conversations. Sundays are "tranquil" days meant to be spent with family not rushing from people to places. I smile during mass when I literally don't understand more than 10 words even though I've gone to mass for 20 years. I smile at the incredibly peaceful sunsets over the ocean that project red hues on the windows of all the buildings. I smile while eating the top 5 best ice creams I have ever had even though I didn't know what kind it was. I smile realizing this really is a dream that has come true. This place is magical.  Yeah sure the language is incredibly difficult, but no one can take away a smile and everyone understands what a smile and a little laughter means.



No comments:

Post a Comment