Pages

Snowbird, UT

Snowbird, UT

Monday, June 25, 2012

Boston: Red Sox Nation


  So Sunday is my day off and it happens to be Kyle, Phil and Trevor's as well.  We decided last weekend that we wanted to go to a MLB game.  Well luck would have it that the Red Sox were playing the Braves at Fenway at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. PERFECTO!  We bought tickets off of Stubhub and drove the 4 hours to Boston yesterday morning for the game.  It felt like my Spring break trip all over again with the boys.  We stopped at McDonalds on the turnpike and I had a smoothie and oatmeal. I definitely recommend the new banana, blueberry oatmeal.  That was the first time I've seen blueberries in 3 weeks! Who new McDonalds could be so good?  The game was fun and our seats happened to be one of only ones in the shade which were actually nice. The Sox won and it was Kevin Youkilis' last game as he got traded right after he hit a triple in his last at bat.  They pulled him from third and the crowd went wild.  It was really cool to hear the crowd as he left.  He went into the dug out and reappeared after the roaring of the fans.  I got to meet up with Johnny Li, my Coke Scholar friend from LA that goes to Harvard.  We got to talk for an inning at the game. It was nice to see someone whom I've known for longer than 3 weeks.  After the game we went to a little restaurant on Beacon Street.  Everything looked so delicious, real food not served on a white, Styrofoam plate.  I had a turkey burger with lettuce and french fries.  Y'all know how much I love fries!  The boys made me try sweet tea because Trevor and Phil are from the South and they LOVE sweet tea.   It's not terrible but not something I'd want to drink daily.  Kyle was stoked to use his Boston accent as he yelled out the window "hey Youkilis, you know that guy? he's traded. No beers in Boooston tonight." We all were cracking up.  Then I said that I wanted to see the ocean so we attempted to find it which led us on an epic adventure full of screaming by all three boys.  We did drive past the ocean and then got on the Massturnpike to head back here. We listend to songs off the Now 5 soundtrack and now we're all excited to relive our childhood "Now That's What I call Music"days.  We made it back last night after a successful day away from this place just in time to work another 13 hours today in the retail shop.  It was freezing here today and tonight it got down to be 50 degrees with rain!  I guess I like this better than the 99 degrees last week where we were all constantly wet and nasty.  Tons of people run in to buy umbrellas right when it starts raining.  On Saturday there was a constant line of customers.  This is the most profitable I've seen it since I've been here.  People come into the souvenir shop and will spend $200 on stuff.  If your kid hits a home run I swear it costs you 70 bucks! There's t-shirts for the player, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters. And then you can get the ball engraved for another 10 bucks.  Holy smokes can these people spend money. Oh and don't forget about getting the professional pictures that are $8 for a 4 * 6.  Welcome to the Cooperstown Monopoly.  It is really cool here and the experience is unforgettable for the players and coaches.  At night I come back and get on my laptop and then go to sleep so I can wake up and do it all again.  Night night :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment